A new twist to a traditional South Indian dish, cocktail idli is a quick and delicious snack that can be made within minutes. This particular recipe is light on the palate as its not spicy, yet carries its own distinctive flavor. Thanks Mehak for this delicious recipe :). Grated carrots and diced onions can be additions to this recipe. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup. Enjoy !
1/4 tsp methi seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1 Bay Leaf
1 Bell Pepper (any colour) cut into thin slices
1/4 tsp haldi
Salt (to taste)
1. Make 10 idlis or you can use left over idlis and cut them into 4 pieces each.
2. Add oil in a pan.
3. When hot add methi and rai.When mustard seeds splutter add hing and curry leaves and saute.
4. Add bay leaf and saute.
5. Add bell peppers and saute.
6. Add haldi and salt and saute.
7. Add idli pieces and mix well.