As you all know by now Egg Curry is one of my favorite dishes. A few weeks ago my husband decided to make a Kerala style Egg curry. We had this with hot puris and it was the perfect combination. Enjoy this easy and tasty dish !
4 hard boiled eggs (peeled and cut into halves)
2 onions peeled and chopped
1 tomato chopped
4-5 green chilies
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
4-5 tbsps Shredded coconut
5-6 Green Chilis (to taste)
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
pinch turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tsps tamrind paste (to taste)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1. Heat oil in a pan and dd mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds start to splutter add asafoetida, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger and garlic paste and saute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and saute.
4. Add chopped onions, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and saute well until the rawness of the masala is gone.
5. Add shredded coconut and tamrind paste and saute.
6. Add eggs and gently mix well. Taste and add salt if necessary.