I don't have much of a sweet tooth but pedas are definitely one of my favourites. I made this for Diwali last year and since I was planning to make 3 sweets and 3 savouries this microwaveable recipe made it so much easier. Enjoy mouth watering pedas :)
Serves: 30 pieces
2 cups milk powder or mawa
1 14 oz tin condensed milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter
mixed nuts to garnish (almonds, cashews, raisins, pistachio)
2 tsp ghee
1. Place the stick of butter into a microwaveable bowl (5 quart size) and microwave for 1 minute.
2. Add milk powder into bowl and mix well.
3. Add condensed milk into bowl and mix well.
4. Place in the microwave for a minute, remove and then mix well.
5. Place in the microwave for another minute, remove and then mix well.
6. Place in the microwave for one last minute, remove and then mix well.
7. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
8. Smear ghee on both palms, take one spoon of the mixture and place onto one palm and roll with both palms until the mixture holds to form a ball (tip: there should be no cracks, the faster you roll the better it forms), flatten to form a disc and place on ghee smeared tray.
9. Continue step 8 until all the pedas are formed.
10. Break mixed nuts into small pieces and place one piece in the center of each peda and push down.
11. Refridgerate pedas for 15 minutes and serve.