Lemon rice is an easy and simple recipe and is a staple in many South Indian homes. This is a continuation of the menu from Gowri and Ganesha Festival. This recipe can be made as a quick fix meal. Enjoy :)
2 cups rice
1 cup yellow, green and red bell peppers chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen lima beans
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp channa dal
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp ginger paste
4-5 green chillies chopped (to taste)
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
pinch of turmeric
lime juice (to taste)
salt (to taste)
1. Put rice in rice cooker and cook.
2. Heat a low based pan and add oil.
3. Add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
4. Add channa dal and urad dal and stir.
5. Add ginger paste when channa dal and urad dal turns light brown and stir.
6. Add curry leaves and chopped green chillies and mix well.
7. Add peas and lima beans and stir. Cover until cooked, stir occassioanlly.
8. Add bell peppers and stir until half cooked.
9. Add turmeric powder and stir. Add salt.
10. Add cooked rice and mix well. Taste and add salt if necessary. Add lime juice and mix well.Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.