Bite sized pieces of memories of Bangalore is the best way for me to describe these khaara biscuits. For those of you who don't have a sweet tooth this dish is a perfect savoury delight. The ginger, mint,cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies give a nice flavour to every bite. Enjoy :)
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 stick (75gms) butter or margarine
2 tsps powdered sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds
3/4 tsp baking powder
6-8 green chillies chopped (to taste)
2 tbsps yogurt (plain)
10 curry leaves chopped into small bits
1/2 inch piece ginger grated
6 mint leaves chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar in a bowl.
3. Mix the margarine until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in the chopped green chillies, curry leaves, mint, cumin seeds, ginger and yogurt.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture till everything comes together.
6. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until it becomes a smooth ball.
7. Roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thick.
8. Cut into 2 inch wide biscuits.
9. Bring the remaining dough together and repeat kneading, rolling and cutting.
10. Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until light brown around the edges.