My little one was down with the cold and so while he was napping I thought of making a quick soup to make him feel better. I fished around the pantry and got my hands on Quinoa. I made a light and flavorful soup using quinoa and mixed veggies. Enjoy this easy and kid-friendly soup :)
1 carrot (peeled and diced)
1 onion (peeled and chopped)
1/4 cup Quinoa
1/4 cup baby bells mushrooms (diced)
1 stalk celery (chopped)
3 pods garlic (peeled and chopped)
1/2 inch ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
3-4 leaves Thai Basil
2 cups Vegetable broth or water
1. In a small stock-pot add oil and heat.
2. Add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
3. Add garlic, ginger and saute.
4. Add diced carrot, mushrooms, celery and a pinch of salt and saute well.
5. Add quinoa and saute for 1 min.
6. Add basil leaves and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins or until quinoa is cooked.
8. Add salt to taste, lemon juice and black pepper and mix well.