Leftovers always seems to get a bad rep because of the name... Leftovers really? Well I'm here to tell you that using the right ingredients we can make magic with leftovers. We had paneer tikka leftovers and my husband decided to make magic with it. This is a semi-homemade easy Kathi roll. Tip#1: you can substitute paneer with mock meat, vegetables, tofu or use the recipe as is and skip the paneer. Tip #2: You can substitute Rumali Roti for tortillas. Bon Apetit!
1 cup baby bella mushrooms (chopped medium dice)
1 green bell pepper chopped julienne
1 yellow onion chopped julienne
1 cup paneer tikka medium diced
1 tsp curry powder
1 pinch garam masala powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 pack frozen Rumali Roti
Pam cooking spray
Salt to taste
1. Thaw Rumali roti so it is easier to work with.
2. Break eggs into a bowl and beat.
3. Add salt and black pepper and whisk.
4. Heat a low bottom pan on medium heat.
5. Add oil.
6. Add onions and salt and cook until caramelized.
7. Add diced mushrooms and saute until cooked.
8. Add diced paneer tikka and saute.
9. Add curry powder and garam masala and saute well.
10. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
11. Heat a tawa/pan on medium heat.
12. Spray pam on a pan and open the rumali roti and place on pan.
13. Spread the beaten egg onto the rumali roti.
14. When egg is cooked spread a spoonful of paneer mixture onto the center of the rumali roti.
15. Fold each side until its wrapped. Serve