|Spaghetti and Meat(less)balls|
Spaghetti and meatballs is a very popular dinner dish that is easy to prepare for a quick meal. I've always wanted to make it but unable to find the right vegetarian substitute for meatballs. The Quorn brand meatless meatballs came closest, which had the right texture and taste. This simple yet delicious dish took 30 minutes prep and cooking time. The dinner was a big hit with my family. I hope you enjoy it too!
1 12 oz pack thin Spaghetti
1 12 oz pack of Quorn meatless meatballs
2 sticks of Celery cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1 small onion peeled and cut
1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
2-3 green chilies slit in half (to taste)
2 cups Vodka Sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Heat a medium stock pot with 8 cups of water and add 1 tsp oil and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and add thin spaghetti.
2. Cook spaghetti al dente and strain. Rinse with cold water and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan on medium heat.
4. Add oil and when hot add onions, celery and green chilies.
5. Saute until onions are translucent.
6. Add salt and sauté.
7. Add Vodka sauce and Quorn meatballs and sauté for 15-18 minutes.
8. Add garlic powder and finely chopped parsley and mix well. Taste and add salt if necessary.