My nephew was over and wanted to have cupcakes in his favourite colour, yellow. So I got this recipe and made it for him. The most fun I have had while baking in a while, he stood with me and helped me make it. He is the cutest. Enjoy this easy and delicious cupcake recipe :)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup Hershey's chocolate chips (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift flour into a separate bowl and measure 2 and 1/4 cups.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add butter, milk and vanilla essence.
5. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
6. Add eggs to the mixture.
7. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed and scrape bowl again. Beat on high speed for 1 minute and 30 seconds until well mixed.
8. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
9. Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 or 1/3 full.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes in the pans.
12. Remove from pans and place on a wire rack until completely cool.
13. Frost with your favourite frosting recipe or decorate as desired.