Keema is tradionally a meat based dish of India and Pakistan and it means minced meat. I was looking around for recipes and found this recipe for Egg Keema. I've made Egg burji, anda curry, omelets and eggs sunny side up, so thought I'd give egg keema a try. This dish was quite flavourful and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. For all those who are looking to try something different with eggs... here is the dish for you. Egg Keema can be eaten with hot rotis. Bon Appetite :)
1 big onion chopped
4 green chillies chopped
1 bay leaf
1 piece cinnamon
3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tomatoes chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dhania powder
1 pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat a pan with water and let it come to a boil.
2. Add the three eggs and cook for 10-15 mins.
3. Remove eggs, strain and leave to cool.
4. Remove shells from the eggs and cut into thin long slices.
5. Heat a kadai and add oil.
6. Add the bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon and saute.
7. Add onions and chopped green chillies and saute until onions turn brown.
8. Add chopped garlic and ginger paste and saute for 1 min.
9. Add chopped tomatoes and salt and saute for 2-3 mins.
10. Add garam masala, dhania powder, chilli powder and haldi and mix well.
11. Add egg slices and mix well.
12. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and mix. Serve Hot !!