Hara Bharra Kababs

My first time having this appetizer was at a restaurant in India in 2009. It was mouth watering and I knew I had to get the recipe. I found a few on the net but never got around to actually trying them out. Then one of my friend's (thanks Dhiral) invited us over for dinner and had made this ... it was just as mouth watering. After having it again I set out to make it the next day and it was delicious. You will savor every bite. Enjoy :)

Ingredients:
10 leaves spinach
3/4 cup green peas boiled and mashed
3-4 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
3 green chillies chopped (to taste)
2 inch piece ginger peeled and chopped
2 tbsps coriander leaves chopped

2 tsps chaat masala
2 tbsps corn flour
2 cups water
2 cups ice
Salt to taste
Oil to fry

Method:
1. Heat water in a pot, bring to boil and add salt.

2. Add spinach leaves for 2 mins or until soft and remove and place in a bowl of ice.
3. Drain and remove excess water and finely chop.
4. In a bowl add mashed potatoes and peas.
5. Add green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, chaat masala and salt taste and mix well.
6. Add corn flour and mix well.
7. Scoop some of the mixture into your hands and shape into a ball, press the ball between your palms to give it a tikki shape.
8. Fry on a griddle on both sides till brown.
9. Serve hot with your favourite chutney or ke
tchup.



Comments

  1. This has been my favourite since a long time.. I tried this recipe but also added Amchur since we like the tang. Tasted yummy but a little greasy.. Should probably try pan frying next time instead of deep frying. Bottom line.. A great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poonam thanks for the tip ... I love tangy as well and I'll definitely remember to add amchur powder the next time around. I agree with you this recipe definitely calls for shallow fry hence using the griddle to fry or else it can get quite greasy and take away from the taste of the kababs :) Glad you all enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment