My first time having this appetizer was at a restaurant in India in 2009. It was mouth watering and I knew I had to get the recipe. I found a few on the net but never got around to actually trying them out. Then one of my friend's (thanks Dhiral) invited us over for dinner and had made this ... it was just as mouth watering. After having it again I set out to make it the next day and it was delicious. You will savor every bite. Enjoy :)
10 leaves spinach
3/4 cup green peas boiled and mashed
3-4 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
3 green chillies chopped (to taste)
2 inch piece ginger peeled and chopped
2 tbsps coriander leaves chopped
2 tsps chaat masala
2 tbsps corn flour
2 cups water
2 cups ice
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
1. Heat water in a pot, bring to boil and add salt.
2. Add spinach leaves for 2 mins or until soft and remove and place in a bowl of ice.
3. Drain and remove excess water and finely chop.
4. In a bowl add mashed potatoes and peas.
5. Add green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, chaat masala and salt taste and mix well.
6. Add corn flour and mix well.
7. Scoop some of the mixture into your hands and shape into a ball, press the ball between your palms to give it a tikki shape.
8. Fry on a griddle on both sides till brown.
9. Serve hot with your favourite chutney or ketchup.