Growing up in Trinidad, I had never really heard of this dish until my husband mentioned it and so I decided to give it a try. I know you must be wondering how these noodles are any different from maggi or chowmein. Well they are made from durum wheat and not flour and so much healthier. Enjoy this quick and tasty dish :)
1 pack Ching's Secret Veg Hakka Noodles
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, corn)
1 Green Bell Pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
4 green chillies chopped
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1 tsp soy sauce
Salt to taste
1. Take a pot and fill it with 10 cups of water and bring to a boil on medium heat.
2. Add hakka noodles for 5 mins and remove.
3. Rinse noodles on cold water.
4. Immediately spread noodles on a plate and add 2 tsps of oil and mix (so the noodles don't stick together).
5. Heat a wok/pan on high flame and add the remainder of the oil.
6. Add the onions, garlic, green chillies and saute.
7. Add the rest of the vegetables and saute.
8. Add the noodles and mix.
9. Add the soy sauce and saute.
10. Taste and add salt if necessary and serve hot.