The Moringa Pod, better known in India as the drumstick is used to prepare a variety of South Indian dishes. It is usually used in sambhars or can be fried. During my trips back home, it was always a special treat to get drumstick made in any form.In this recipe I have used it to make a curry with Tomato and Lima Beans. Enjoy with hot chappatis or naan or rotis :)
3 tomatoes chopped
6 drumsticks chopped into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup lima beans
1 onion chopped
2 tbsps oil
1 string curry leaves
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp channa dal
3 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil on medium heat in a pressure cooker.
2. Add cumin, curry leaves, urad dal and channa dal and leave to splutter.
3. Add chopped green chillies and chopped onions and saute for 2-3 mins.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle a pinch of salt and cook until tender.
5. Add lima beans and drumsticks and cook for 1 min.
6. Add coriander powder, chilli powder and haldi and salt to taste and mix well.
7. Close pressure cooker lid.
8. Turn off heat after 2 whistles and after it cools, remove lid and mix. Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve hot.