This is a quick and easy recipe for Egg Fried Rice. The combination of egg and veggies make it very nutritious. Frozen vegetables are a quicker alternative when making this dish.
350 gms or 16oz of pre-cooking white long grain rice
2 tbsps soy sauce (to taste)
1-2 tsps sesame oil
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup chopped spring onions
4 tbsps peas
2 tbsps chopped carrots
2 tbsps cut green beans
2 tbsps corn
3 tsps oil
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
1. Beat eggs with a little salt and pepper.
2. Heat pan and add 1 tsp oil and scramble.
3. Heat 2 tsps oil in a low-based pan.
4. Add onions and saute for 1 min.
5. Add garlic and saute for 1 min.
6. Add carrots, green beans, peas and corn and saute for 1-2 mins.
7. Add soy sauce and mix.
8. Add scrambled eggs and mix.
9. Add rice and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Add chopped spring onions and mix.
11. Add sesame oil and mix. Taste and if necessary add more salt, pepper or soy sauce. Serve Hot.