Easy Vegetarian Tacos

Easy Vegetarian Tacos
Hola Blog followers :). I've been MIA with regards to posting recipes off late. My little one keeps me on my toes as he has discovered walking. My time is well spent running behind him hehe. This got me thinking that I need to start making recipes that are quick. I was pressed for time yesterday and had to come up with a quick and easy dinner recipe. I decided to make Vegetarian Tacos. I made fajita veggies and instead of meat I used Spinach and chickpeas patties from Costco as the stuffing. It was flavorful and delicious. If you are not a fan of the Spinach and chickpeas patties you can use veggie patties, veggie burgers or zucchini cakes from costco. Make sure that you cook it well and chop it into bite size pieces before adding it into the taco. Happy Eating !

Serves: 2
Ingredients:
1-2 Spinach chickpea patties 
1 onion (julienne cut) 
2 big mushrooms ( medium dice)
1 bell pepper (julienne cut)
Tacos 
Spicy Mayo
1/4 cup grated gouda cheese
1 cup of shredded carrots, cabbage and celery
5-6 cloves of garlic (brunoise cut,to taste)
1 red chilli pepper (slit in half, to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Oil

Method:
1. Heat a skillet and add oil. 
2. Add garlic and sauté for 2 mins. 
3. Add onions and sauté until translucent. 
4. Add red chili pepper and sauté for a few seconds. 
5. Add green bell peppers and mushrooms and saute for 3-4 mins. 
6. Add salt and sauté and remove from heat. Transfer onto plate.
7. Place a taco on the skillet and cook / heat on both sides. 
8. Heat Spinach and chickpea patty as per instructions and then large dice. 

To Plate:
1. Place tacos on plate. 
2. Add a layer of Fajita veggies. 
3. Add a layer of shredded vegetables.
4. Sprinkle grated cheese. 
5. Drizzle spicy mayo. 
5. Topped with diced spinach and chickpea patty. 

Comments