Breakfast Casseroles are easy to put together and can be made ahead of time. It is also a wholesome meal which is quite filling. I had this delicious casserole at a friend's Christmas Brunch and it was scrumptious. A very good choice for a brunch. Thanks Sadaf for this quick and delicious recipe. You can add onions, mushrooms, broccoli, spring onions or spinach to this casserole. Bon Appetite :)
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups croutons
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
4-5 green chilies to taste
1 3/4 cups milk
2-3 bell pepper diced (any color)
1 tbsp mustard
black pepper to taste
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 365 F.
2. Spray a 9x12 inch baking dish with vegetable spray.
3. Place croutons at the bottom of the dish and drizzle with melted butter.
4. Sprinkle grated cheese.
5. Crack the eggs in a medium sized bowl and whisk to break yolks.
6. Add milk, bell peppers, green chilies, mustard, salt and black pepper and beat until well combined.
7. Pour mixture over the croutons and cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove and let it stand for 10 minutes and then serve.