Asha Aunty's Potato Bread Roll

My recent trip to California took me down memory lane as I did my Bachelors there.I reunited with close family and close friends. My friend Neha's Mom had made Potato Bread Rolls which were so delicious that I had to make some when I got back to Richmond. Thank you Asha Aunty for this mouth watering recipe :). Serve hot with Pudina Chutney. Bon Appetite :)

Serves: 2
Ingredients: 
4 slices of white bread
2 medium sized potatos
1 onion peeled and chopped 
2-3 green chillies chopped (to taste)
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp amchur powder
pinch chaat masala 
Salt to taste
Oil for frying 


Method:
1. Pressure cook potatoes. Remove from heat. 
2. Pour oil for frying into a wok and heat.
3.Peel and mash potatoes and add green chillies, onion, garam masala, cumin powder, amchur powder, chaat masala and salt and mix well. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
4.Take Bread slices and cut off ends. 
5. Take a slice of bread and soak it in water. Using both palms squeeze excess water out. 
6. Holding the slice of bread in one hand, take a spoon full of the seasoned mashed potato and place it in the center of the slice.
7. Wrap the bread slice around the potato to form an oval shape ensuring that the bread is covering all of the filling. 
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for all the rest of the bread slices. 
9. When the oil is hot, carefully place the bread rolls into the oil and fry until golden brown. 



Comments