I was first introduced to Udon noodles at Noodles and Company by my sister in law and I loved it. I've been wanting to make it at home and with her help I was able to. This recipe has a delicious combination of sweet and tangy and its quick and easy. You can substitute any other vegetables if you want and for a delicious twist you can also add tofu. Thanks Dipta for this yummy recipe :)
1 pack Udon Noodles (cooked)
1 onion sliced
1 carrot cut into circles
1 bell pepper cut into chunks
1/2 cup mushrooms cut into slices
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup water chestnuts sliced
8 baby corns slit into halves
4 green chilies slit
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped (to taste)
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2-3 tbsp of light soy sauce
Salt (to taste)
Sri Racha hot sauce (optional)
1. Heat oil in a wok on medium flame.
2. Add brown sugar and mix well while it melts.
3. Add garlic and green chilies and saute well.
4. Add onions and saute until translucent.
5. Add carrots, bell peppers, baby corn, mushrooms, peas,water chestnuts and cook well.
6. Add soy sauce and mix well.
7. Add cooked udon noodles and mix well.
8. Taste and add salt and sri racha hot sauce if necessary and mix well. Serve hot.