Egg Dosa is a dish that my mother-in-law used to make for my husband and is one of his favorites. I tried making it myself and had it for the first time. I found it to be an easy and delicious dish and also an easy way to add protein to the meal. Enjoy !!!
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Dosa Batter (Dosa Recipe:http://swadishcuisine.blogspot.com/2009/10/dosa.html )
1. Heat a pan.
2. Fold one sheet of paper towel into a wad and dip into the small bowl of oil. Squeeze out the excess and smear the pan with the oil.
3. Fill a ladle with 3/4 of the dosa batter and gently pour this batter onto the center of the pan. Spread batter in a sweeping circular outward motion.
4. Drizzle a little oil over dosa.
5. Break the egg into a bowl.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste into the bowl and beat egg.
7. Slowly pour beaten egg on the cooking dosa and slowly spread with a spoon over dosa. (Tip: The spread egg should form a layer on top of the dosa)
8. Drizzle a little oil over egg dosa and wait for egg to cook.
9. Using a flat wooden or steel spatula carefully start from the outside of the dosa and poke and lift the ends until the spatula can go straight across and lift the dosa.