Ragi or finger millet is a calcium enriched flour which is popular in Karnataka used to make either Ragi Dosa or Ragi Mudde. This instant Ragi Dosa recipe was shared to me by my Mother-in-Law (thanks Athamma). It is a healthy alternative to the usual Dosa. I made it for breakfast this morning and it was delicious and filling. Enjoy this easy and scrumptious dosa :)
Serves: 15 dosas
3 cups Ragi flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 onion chopped
5-6 green chillies chopped (to taste)
1 sprig curry leaves chopped
3 tbsps cilantro chopped
1/2 cup yogurt
3-4 cups water
Salt to taste
1. Add ragi flour, rice flour and all-purpose flour into a bowl and mix well.
2. Add chopped onions, chopped green chillies, chopped cilantro, yogurt and salt and mix well.
3. Add water and mix well to a watery consistency. (Tip: When mixing ladle should not feel heavy withe the mixture, it should move freely, add more water if necessary).
4. Heat a skillet and smear oil onto it with a paper towel.
5. Mix the mixture well and take 3/4 ladle filled with mixture and spread onto skillet. The dosa should have holes in it.
6. Sprinkle oil onto the ragi dosa and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes (dosa will get darker).
7. Turn dosa to the other side and cook for 2 minutes and serve hot.