Hey Everyone I apologize for not posting for a while ... I have been a bit preoccupied with family commitments.This is the continuation of the Gowri Ganesha Festival recipes.
Kosambri is a Karnataka special and is a very popular salad that is made out of cucumber, skinless moong dal and other spices. It is a tasty snack which is high in protein and easy to make. Enjoy this simple yet delicious dish :)
1/4 cup skinless moong dal / split green gram
3-4 green chillies (to taste)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
Lime juice (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Oil to season
Cilantro to garnish
1. Wash and soak skinless moong dal for 1 hour.
2. Peel cucumbers and cut into bite size pieces and add into a bowl.
3. Add the moongdal into bowl.
4. Heat pan and add a little bit of oil.
5. Add mustard seeds and when they start to splutter add a pinch of hing.
6. Add green chillies and saute.
7. Add some salt to taste, mix well and add to the bowl with moongdal and cucumbers.
8. Add lime juice and mix well. Taste for salt and add more if necessary and mix well.
9. Add chopped cilantro, freshly grated coconut and garnish.