My husband loves Szechuan style cooked chinese food so I thought I'd try my hand at it. I saw this recipe on Sanjeev Kapoor's website and decided to start with something simple and see how it turns out. Every potato bite has a perfect combination of chilli and tang. Its a must try, you will not be disappointed ... Happy Cooking :)
4-5 medium red potatoes peeled
1 onion peeled and sliced
4 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
2 tsps cornflour
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
2 tsps Sri Racha Chilli Sauce (to taste)
1 tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1 stalk spring onions chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut potatoes in half and cut each half into 6 thick wedges.
2. Heat water into a saucepan.
3. Add potato wedges and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Remove and strain when almost done.
5. Mix cornflour into 1/4 cup of vegetable stock.
6. Heat oil in a wok.
7. Add sliced garlic and saute until light brown.
8. Add sliced onions and saute until translucent.
9. Add red chilli flakes and chilli sauce and mix well.
10. Add the potato wedges and mix well.
11. Add soy sauce, sugar and toss.
12. Add remaining vegetable stock and mix well.
13. Add cornflour mixture and mix.
14. Add lemon juice and chopped spring onions and mix well.
15. Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve hot