Spinach has a high nutritional value and is rich in antioxidants. Spinach is also considered to be rich in iron. I am a big fan of spinach and decided to turn it into a rice dish. The combination of spinach, coconut milk, onions, garlic and green chillies make this dish flavorful and healthy. This is a much simpler version as other recipes call for the use of bay leaves, cloves and cardamom together with other masalas. Enjoy this dish while its hot :)
1 cup rice
4 cups spinach
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
4 green chillies chopped (to taste)
1 tsp cumin powder
1 onion peeled and chopped
Salt to taste
1. Rinse spinach with water until clean and then roughly chop spinach.
2. Heat oil in a low based pan.
3. Add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
4. Add green chillies and garlic and saute.
5. Add spinach and saute for 2-3 mins.
6. Add the coconut milk and mix well.
7. Add washed rice and mix.
8. Add mixture to rice cooker and add 2 cups of water, place lid and put to cook.
9. When done mix well and taste, if needed add salt and serve hot.