Radishes are very nutritious as they are a good source of vitamin b6, magnesium, copper, calcium and riboflavin. They are also very rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid and potassium. Radish is low in calories and in fat, is high in antioxidants and helps regulate digestion. Moong dal is rich in protein. This very healthy and very delicious radish and moong dal palya can be served with chappatis and rice. Enjoy :)
Ingredients:1 radish peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup moong dal (split, without skin) washed
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
3-4 red chillies (to taste)
1 pinch hing
3 cups water
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Method:1. Heat pot on medium heat and bring to a boil.
2. Add washed moong dal and stir occassionaly until cooked, 10 minutes or until the dal is soft.
3. When moong dal is cooked remove from heat and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan and add oil.
5. Add red chillies and mustard seeds.
6. When mustard seeds start to splutter add hing and curry leaves.
7. Add radish pieces and stir.
8. Cover and cook for 6 mins and keep stirring occassionally.
9. Add 1/4 cup water and cover until cooked.
10. Add turmeric powder, salt and mix.
11. Add cooked dal and mix well.
12. Taste and add salt if necessary and serve hot.