I am a huge fan of mushrooms and am always trying to cook mushrooms . I made Baked Mushrooms for a Thanksgiving Dinner. Either white mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms can be used to make this dish. I went with baby bella because I find it gives a nice flavour when baked or grilled. The cranberry cheddar cheese gives a sweet and sour taste at the first bite which adds to the flavour of this dish.Its great as a side dish or an appetizer. I sauteed spinach and onions for the stuffing but you can substitute meat or other veggies. Enjoy :)
15 baby bella mushrooms with stems removed
1/2 white onion sliced
2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup spinach washed and chopped
1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup cranberry cheddar cheese grated
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
2. Chop mushroom stems into halves.
3. Heat pan with 1 tsp oil.
4. Add onions garlic, chopped mushroom stems and spinach and saute until spinach is cooked.
5. Add salt and Italian style bread crumbs and mix.
6. Heat oven to 350F.
7. Place mushrooms on a greased baking sheet.
8. Take each mushroom and scoop a spoon full of the sauteed spinach and breadcrumbs into the mushroom cap.
9. Place on baking sheet and add cheese on top, repeat process for all mushrooms.
10. Sprinkle olive oil on all the mushrooms and place in oven.
11. Remove after 15-20 mins or after cheese has melted. Serve Hot.