My love for Black Bean sauce started when I tasted it at a Mongolian Restaurant. The black bean sauce gives this dish such a distinct flavour and the beans used to are fermented soya beans. You can use any veggies or even seafood and chicken when making this dish. I chose to use Pan-fried tofu, bell peppers and broccoli. Enjoy :)
1 tbsp Oil
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 inch of ginger, crushed
1 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Sauce with Garlic
1/4 cup of spring onions chopped
1/2 onion sliced
1 bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup broccoli
1 pack firm tofu cut into cubes
1/2 tsp of soy sauce
1/2 tsp of corn flour
Salt to taste
1. Heat pan on medium heat and add oil.
2. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add onions and saute for 1 min.
4. Add bell peppers and broccoli and stir for 1 min.
5. Add black bean sauce and stir.
6. Add Tofu and soy sauce and stir.
7. Add green onions and stir.
8. Add 1/2 cup of water and sprinkle in the corn flour (helps thicken the sauce) and mix.
9. Taste and add salt if necessary.