Matar Paneer is a popular North Indian dish. Its combination of paneer, peas and creamy blend of spice makes it extremely delicious. It can be eaten with rotis, chappatis, naans and rice. So all you Paneer fans out there here is another paneer dish that will just keep you coming back for more. Enjoy :)
1 cup paneer cubed
1 cup peas
1 onion chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1 pinch of turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 tsps coriander powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp broken Cashewnuts
3 green chillies chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp kasoori methi
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Bay leaf
2-3 green cardamoms
1 inch piece of cinnamon
coriander leaves chopped to garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and add broken cashewnuts and saute for 30 secs.
2. Add chopped onions and salt and saute. Cook until slightly brown in colour.
3. Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste and mix.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft.
5. Blend this mixture into a fine paste.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add the cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, bay leaf and cumin seeds and saute.
7. When cumin seeds start to splutter add the blended paste of cashew, onions, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Mix.
8. Add 1/2 cup water to the sauce and mix.
9. Add chopped green chillies, jeera powder, coriander powder and chilli powder and mix.
10. Boil mixture for 15 mins in medium heat.
11. Add kasoori methi powder and cook for 10 mins.
12. Add green peas and simmer for 5 mins.
13. Add paneer, coriander leaves and cream and mix. Simmer for 2-3 mins. Taste and add salt if necessary.