The fusion of indian seasoning to soya and the marinara sauce adds a new flavour to this pasta dish and the combination of soya and veggies makes it a wholesome meal. Every time I make this dish I like to change some of the veggies so that there is variety.This time I used carrots, broccoli and bell peppers but the best part about this dish is you can substitute these veggies for any other veggies you prefer or just add more. Enjoy !!!!
1 onion chopped
1 carrot peeled and grated
1 bunch broccoli chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup soya chunks
4 cloves garlic chopped and peeled
1 tsp ginger paste
2-3 tsps soy sauce
4 green chillies finely chopped or *2-3 tsps Sri Racha Hot Sauce
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp oil
2 cups conchiglie or shell pasta
1 cup marinara sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
Salt to taste
1. Bring water to boil in a pot with salt.
2. Add conchiglie or shell pasta and cook until it is al dente (cooked enough to be firm but not overcooked where it is soft).
3. Strain pasta, refresh (wash in cold water) and keep aside.
4. Heat water in a small pot and bring to a boil.
5. Take off heat, add soya chunks and leave until soya fluffs into a cooked form.
6. Rinse soya in cold water and squeeze out excess water.
7. Season soya with soy sauce, cumin powder, chilli powder.
8. Heat a wok on medium heat and add oil.
9. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 1 min.
10. Add onion and green chillies and saute for 1 min.
11. Add the soy sauce and mix.
12. Add the chopped bell peppers and broccoli and saute for 1 min.
13. Add the grated carrots and corn and saute.
14. Add the soy sauce and stir. * Add the Sri Racha Hot Sauce here.
15. Add the soya chunks and marinara sauce and mix well.
16. Sprinkle basil and oregano and mix well
17. Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve Hot !!!