Asparagus has been used for cooking from the early times. Asparagus is low in calories, contains no cholesterol and is very low in sodium content. Here is a North Indian style Asparagus sabzi that is quick and easy and tastes Delish !!!
1 lb Asparagus chopped into bite size pieces
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tso methi seeds
1 tsp grated or crushed ginger
5 large cloves garlic finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp or to taste
Salt to taste
1. Wash the asparagus and snap the white/hard ends off.
2. Chop to bite sizes.
3. Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil.
4. Add cumin seeds.
5. When cumin seeds slutter add crushed methi seeds and ginger and garlic and saute.
6. Add tomatoes and salt and cook until soft.
7. Add red chilli powder and mix.
8. Add asparagus and cook for 5-6 minutes. Taste and add salt if necessary and serve.
This dish goes well with Chappatis, Naans or Rotis. Enjoy :)