Akki Rotti is a rice-based breakfast dish unique to the state of Karnataka. Akki Rotti means Rice Pancake in Kannada. Rice Flour is used to make this dish and there are many variants. Akki rotti can be eaten with chutneys or pickle and a bowl of yogurt or gojju. Enjoy this quick and easy breakfast dish. :)
2 cups Rice Flour
1 small onion chopped
1 carrot grated
1-2 green chillies chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
2 tbsps oil
Salt to taste
1. Take a vessel and add rice flour, chopped onion, grated carrot, chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, chopped coriander and salt to taste.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. In the vessel section enough of the dry mixture to make one rotti and add a little bit of water and mix it to make a ball.
4. Take a tava or a griddle and drizzle 1 tsp of oil and spread it in a circular motion in the center of the pan.
5. Place the ball in the center of the tava and pat it in an outward direction to spread the dough and form a thin pancake.
6. Place griddle on medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until the top of the pancake starts looking cooked, sprinkle oil and then turn over and cook for 1-2 minutes and then remove.
7. To make another roti, turn the pan upside down and run cold water on it to cool. Repeat steps 4-6. Serve Hot.