Tomato Gojju (Curry)
Gojju is the term in the South Indian language , Kannada, to describe a gravy or a curry. This gojju is basically chopped tomatoes tempered with spices. My Mom used to make this while I was growing up and she always added pieces of paneer which really added to the flavour of this dish. Another option is to add sprouted whole moong dal / green gram instead of paneer. Here is the recipe :
3-4 tomatoes chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp channa dal
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup paneer cubed (optional)
1/4 cup curry leaves
1 tbsp chilli powder (to taste)
Salt to taste
1. Take a non-stick pan and add oil.
2. When oil is hot add mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds start to splutter add urad dal and channa dal and fry until light brown.
4. Add curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and salt and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame or until almost cooked.
6. Add cubed paneer and mix.
7. Add water and bring to a boil.
8. Add chilli powder and mix. Taste and add salt and chilli powder if necessary.
Serve this dish with hot parathas or rice.