Are you in the mood for a scrumptious dessert that has your taste buds wanting more with every bite? Here is the dessert for you. It is a simple and delicious way to end your meal. Enjoy :)
For the crust :
10 ounces vanilla wafers
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup melted butter
For the filling:
2 egg whites
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup tequila (optional)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
4 egg yolks
1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
Fresh whipped cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Add wafers and pine nuts into a food processor and pulse until well ground.
3. Pour into a bowl and add melted butter and mix by hand.
4. Using a wooden spoon press into a 10 " tart pan (reserve 4 tbsps of crumbs to sprinkle on top when done baking).
5. Place tart pan in the oven and bake for 8 minutes and then remove.
6. In a mixing bowl add egg whites and sugar and beat until there are soft peaks.
7. In another mixing bowl add condensed milk, tequila (optional), egg yolks and lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
8. Fold in beaten egg whites.
9. Pour into the tart shell and bake for 25 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
11. Let it cool before cutting and serve with whipped cream on top.
It is best fully chilled !!! The tequila in this dessert is optional... you can leave it out and it would still taste delicious.