Potato palya mainly serves as the stuffing for dosas. This recipe is traditionally made using onions but since I made this on the day of a festival, I omitted the onions while cooking.Peas can also be added to this recipe. Here is the recipe with onions. Happy Gauri Ganesha Habba everyone :)
2 medium sized potatoes
1 onion diced
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp channa dal
3-4 green chillies chopped (to taste)
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add mustard seeds and leave to splutter.
3. Add urad dal and channa dal and green chillies and fry till the dals are golden brown.
4. Add onions and saute until translucent.
5. Add curry leaves and turmeric and mix.
6. Add salt and potatoes and mix well.
7. Lower heat and add lemon juice and coriander leaves and stir. Taste and add salt and lime juice if necessary.